We have a variety of musical and non-musical volunteer positions for all of our programs, and we post applications several months in advance. Positions include instrument instructor, band manager, band coach, roadie, workshop leader, front desk crew, and more. Mentorship positions are open to female, trans, and gender-non-conforming volunteers only; non-mentorship positions are open to people of all gender identities.
Summer Session is now open, Click here to apply
Please read below for details about each position before you apply, then click here for the application.
- Instrument instructor: Teach bass, drums, guitar, keyboards or vocals. Classes are 2 hours each morning, with 3-5 students per instructor. Classes are divided by age and experience level. Time commitment: M-Th 8:30-4:30 and Friday 8:30-4:30 plus evening showcase $2000 stipend for instrument instructors.
* most instrument instructors will also double as band coaches.
- Band manager (no musical experience required): Provide mentorship, guidance, and encouragement to a band of 4-5 campers as they write an original song to perform at the showcase. Facilitate collaboration, mediate conflicts, and guide the group through the songwriting process. Experience working with youth is recommended. Time commitment: Mon-Fri – 1-4:30 pm.
- Band coach: Provide mentorship and guidance, as well as technical assistance, to a band of 4-5 campers as they write an original song. Experience playing one or more instruments is recommended. Time commitment: Mon-Fri – 1-4:30 pm.
- Workshop leader (no musical experience required): Past workshops have included Music Herstory (Women in Non-Western Music, Women of Color in Punk History, Riot Grrl, etc.), Zine- & Comic-Making, Screenprinting, Image & Identity, Healthy Relationships, Video-Making, Songwriting, How to Book a Show, Breakdancing, Self-Defense, and more. Lead one of the listed workshops or design your own! Time commitment: 1.5 hrs. per workshop. Morning and afternoon slots available. Common slot 9:30- 12:10
- Assembly leader (no musical experience required): Lead warm-up exercises at the beginning of the day, introduce the daily skit, and make announcements. Time commitment: Mon-Fri – 9-9:30am and/or 3:50-4pm.
- A&R crew (no musical experience required): Assist instructors and band managers in mediating conflicts and work directly with campers who need extra emotional support. Experience working with youth with emotional or behavioral challenges is required. Time commitment: flexible hours.
- Roadie (no musical experience required, open to people of all gender identities): Help move and set up musical equipment. Shifts are 1 hour long and there is no minimum shift requirement, making this a good option for folks with limited availability. Training is provided, and no prior experience with equipment is needed. Time commitment: flexible hours
- Front desk crew (no musical experience required): Check in campers on the first day of camp, answer the phone and relay messages throughout the week, sell camp merchandise, and showcase tickets at the end of the day. Time commitment: flexible hours.
- Showcase crew (no musical experience required): Help to load-in and set up equipment, work a shift at the door or merch table, help tune guitars and basses backstage, or help to load-out. Time commitment: Friday- 4:30-8pm
You can also apply to be one of our lunchtime bands or performers! Just click here to apply.