My daughter has been facing challenges that many young girls her age face growing up: social pressures, trying to figure out her own identity, stresses of a changing world around her as well as within. Girls Rock SB is a place she can go to fully express herself, and let her light shine with no limitations or judgments. She is appreciated and praised there for her individuality. I'm so grateful to have Girls Rock SB as part of my "village", in raising my daughter as she transitions from being a child into a teenager, because she will have the support of the staff and other girls, and the self-confidence within herself to carry her. Girls Rock SB is an amazing program that I hope many many young girls will have an opportunity to participate and thrive in!
My granddaughter has been attending Girls Rock Sleep away camp for the past 3 years. Now age 13, her love for music continues to blossom and grow. She made wonderful personal connections through the camp experience and has increased self-esteem. I would highly recommend this program to families with teenage girls who are curious and opened to self discovery, The camp is located in a beautiful rural setting, tucked away like a nest behind the Ojai mountains. The staff is talented, caring and able to be there for the campers in a supportive loving way. We look forward to this camp every summer with great enthusiasm.
Sue Lauwers, LMFT
My daughter moved from the Midwest to California the summer before her freshman year of high school. My wife and I had heard about the Girls Rock Sleep Away Camp, and thought it would be a great opportunity for her to make some new friends and express her passion for music and the arts. We applied for and were granted a scholarship so that she could attend the camp for a week. She had an amazing time learning how to play the drums, bass guitar, and learning about feminism, diverse cultures, and social conscientiousness. She also made several good friends, and has even continued to be in an all-girl rock band. We are so proud of the young woman she is becoming, and are grateful to Girls Rock SB for their role in giving her the confidence to be herself. I thoroughly recommend this program to all parents with young daughters.
Check out the " About A Boy Music Video" written and performed by one of our awesome teen bands, The Incident. Making music videos is rad! A HUGE thank you to Betsy Gain, who made this film with the girls .
A huge thank you to the Santa Barbara Bowl For Providing the CTS Concert Ticket Program. Through this program the bowl offers a select amount of concert tickets to youth music and arts organizations at $5.00 per ticket. Girls Rock covers the remaining fees so that we can offer you the tickets free of charge.
For this show we have 5 tickets to give away. Rules below:
1. You must be a current or past Girls Rock SB or Amplify Sleep Away Camp youth .
2. You must be between 10-18 years old.
3. Here's what we want you to do, write a Facebook or Instagram post telling your friends why our program is so important to you. Tag us in it. Make sure you like our FB and Instagram pages. and email us a screen shot to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You have until Sunday April 8th at midnight to email in your screen shots
5. We will do the drawing Monday at 7 pm and post the winners right here on the blog
Good Luck All!
1. We now offer five concentrations the girls can focus on during the week : Rock Band, Photography and Film Making, Journalism, Dj-ing, & Music Production and Engineering. Lear More Here.
2. Every afternoon the girls get to try new and awesome activities such as Making their Own T-shirts and Screening Printing them , Producing, Filming and Editing a Professional Music Video, and Swimming.
3. Nightly private lessons in all disciplines offered. The private lessons take your kids to a new level, helping them feel confidant in their art form. The extra time with our instructors helps to even further nurture the mentor/mentee bond.
4. Girls make friends for life and the traditions of sleep away camp are statistically reported as being one of their most special times when reflecting on childhood as adults.
5. Sleep Away camp promotes independence. Amplify takes that a step further and actively incorporates anti-bullying, positivety and self confidence building into everything we do so that it is a safe space to over come challenges and encourage self growth.
6. Brand new 2018 state-of-the-art dorm rooms. Dorms house 2-3 girls per room and all facilities are air conditioned.
7. Everyday we welcome accomplished all female bands to play for the girls at lunch. Girls in the journalism and photo and film program have the opportunity to interview our guest artists and document them each day.
8. We have an awesome Teen Intern ( CIT ) Program for girls 16-18 years old, and we mean AWESOME! Girls learn leadership skills they can take with them and apply for the rest of their lives.
9. We've been named as one of the best sleep away programs in the country by two different very reputable blogs. Check it out here
10. Because the best gift you can give is the gift of confidence.
We all know that the cost of summer camp can feel overwhelming at times. That's why we work so hard to make it possible for all of our families to attend. Here are two ways you can get a considerable discount on camp this year.
1. Host a Camp Info Session in Your Home
This year we are offering in-home camp info sessions. Imagine the old school Tupperware parties of the 50's, but with summer camp. How Does It Work? It's easy, as the host you invite between 10-20 families who you think would be interested in attending summer camp. One of our directors talks about the program along with you. Any one who signs up for sleep away camp that night gets a $100 discount and anyone who signs up for day camp , a $50 discount. But here's the really awesome part. The host gets $100 off camp tuition just for hosting the party, but they ALSO get $50 off for every registration they refer up until the value of 1/2 a week off summer camp ( at the party or after). So you can potentially save $600 for sleep away camp and $175 for day camp. It's a fun and easy way to help share your love for camp with others and get a considerable discount at the same time.
2. Summer Referral Discount
Maybe hosting an info session isn't your cup of tea. That's ok, we know that different things resonate with different people, that's why we wanted to offer two ways to save. For every direct referral that comes from you , we will discount your tuition by $50 up until half the value of the camp ( $600 OFF MAX for Sleepaway camp & $175 OFF MAX for Day Camp )