2018 Summer Camp Registration Is now open!
Register for one, several, or all 6 weeks of Amplify Sleep Away Camp For Girls
AMPLIFY SLEEP AWAY CAMP / OJAI, CA
Amplify Sleep Away Camp is a music and creative arts camp for girls.
Who: Any girl ages 10–16. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
When: Drop off is after lunch, Sunday at 1:00 PM and pick up is Saturday at 11:00 AM, following showcase.
Showcase: Saturday, School Auditorium ; begins at 11:00 AM. All campers are required to attend.
Cost: Early Bird Pricing Ends March 10th $1099/session
Pricing after March 10th: $1199/session
to see photos of Amplify Sleep Away Camp 2017.
Click here to see photos of Girls Rock SB Day Camp 2017.
Campers choose one track to focus on for each week they are enrolled. Choose a new track each week if you want to stay the summer!
The Music Track: Choose one instrument (vocals, guitar, bass, drums, or keys), form a band, write an original song, and perform it at the Saturday Showcase.
The Photography and Film Making Track: Girls learn extensive photography and film making skills. Highlights include filming and directing a music video and learning photo editing skills including Adobe Photo Shop and Final Cut Pro. Each student will have an opportunity to have their piece published online and to start building a professional portfolio.
* New for 2018 The Journalism Track: Learn the ins and outs of journalism. Each student will have an opportunity to have their piece published online and to start building a professional portfolio via our partnerships with local weekly papers.
* New for 2018 Music Production and Engineering : Learn about the music production process—including recording, editing, and mixing—and the tools available to you to create contemporary music on your computer. We will explore setting up a recording studio, working in Pro Tools, creating beat sequences, working with MIDI tracks, and more.
* New for 2018 DJ Track: This introductory Track is the best starting point for anyone who is just beginning to learn about DJing. Skills learned include: Understanding the DJ station, the individual components of a DJ rig, and their functions during the mix performance, How to set up and organize your performance space so you can learn clutter-free, and Basic music theory for DJs and understanding common musical structures for DJ music styles.
Summer Camp FAQ:
- Can I enroll for more than one week? Yes! Campers can enroll in as many weeks of Amplify Sleep Away Camp as they wish.
- Do you provide lodging/meals on Saturday nights for campers enrolled more than one week of Amplify? Yes! Parents/Guardians can choose to have campers sleep on or off campus Saturday nights between sessions.
- * New: I’ve attended Amplify a couple times already. Can I sign up to be an intern? If you will be age 16-18 by July 1, and have at least two weeks of experience as an Amplify camper, you can apply for an unpaid internship. Interns work 20 hours a week and also participate in camp the additional hours as senior campers in leadership roles. The discounted rate for teen interns is $600 Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if interning at Amplify is a good fit for you.
- What do campers do at Amplify? Amplify Sleep Away Camp is a unique overnight summer program (offered for four weeks during the summer) where girls 10-16 years old choose a creative arts track and learn technical, creative, and communication skills individually and with groups. Each day, campers attend group and private lessons, fun and creative workshops, enjoy free time, and hang out with new and old friends. Delicious and healthy meals accommodate various dietary restrictions. Lodging at two to three campers per dorm room is provided. More details for campers and their adults here.
Lunch Time Performers 2017
- Sophie Rose
- Meron Mengist
- Jacqueline Young
- Jamey Geston
- Devin Davis of Ramonda Hammer
- Sarah Greene of Spare Parts For Broken Hearts
- Chloe Danger
- The Incident
- Alas Nocturnas
- Babetown Classic
- Sierra Reeves
- Graciela Cain
- Lucy and La Mer
- Cassandra Mcgrath
- Kilo Tango
- Zoe Zelkind
- Vanessa Silberman
- Carissa Johnson
- Power Snuggle
- Pipe Dreams
- Veronica Bionqui
- Lauren Ruth Ward
- Eleven Moons
- Hydro Kitten
- Santa Barbara
- Heather Ehlen