Leaders in Training (LIT) ages 16-18
• Girls who have at least 3 after school terms or 1 year of Amplify Summer Camp are eligible for the LIT Program.
• LIT’s model the mission and core values of Girls Rock Santa Barbara. The ultimate leadership experience: Learning to lead in a safe environment without fear of failure, and serving as role models to younger campers
Create a close-knit and supportive group of lifelong friends
• You may apply to be an apprentice to a specific instructor, coordinator, sound tech, band coach, photo/video/social media tech, or other position at camp or in our after school program .
•LIT’s do not get instrument instruction, but may form bands with other interns to write a song for the Showcase, or play with a camper band, always prioritizing internship duties and clear it with the intern leader.
• Emphasis on learning advanced skills in leadership, teaching, and youth/peer mentorship, technical and creative musicianship, as well as having fun, socializing, and hanging out.
• At your request, we are happy to write a letter of recommendation for you.
TO APPLY FOR OUR LIT PROGRAM PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.