We have an incredibly diverse range of activities offered every day at camp. We hire counselors with extensive experience in each special program area, and send additional staff to every busy activity period to ensure that campers receive plenty of supervision to safely have fun at camp.
- Jamey Geston is an emerging singer-songwriter & multi-instrumentalist (vocals, guitar, ukulele, piano, & bass). Her music has a natural throwback to the sixties with a mix of new acoustic and electric sounds ranging from dreamy surf to folk pop. A seasoned performer, she has opened for Award-winning folksinger, Judy Collins, legendary musician, Peter Frampton, Grammy-winning guitarist, Albert Lee, ‘First Lady of Woodstock’-Melanie Safka, American Idol Runner Up-Crystal Bowersox, She was invited to play the Winter NAMM Show 2016 in Anaheim for the four straight year and has toured throughout California, Colorado, Arizona & Louisiana. She has been performing and singing on stage since she was three, started playing guitar around ten, then self taught herself piano, ukulele, bass, at eleven she started songwriting. "What inspires me to make music is my ongoing enjoyment for music. I like listening to other artists and being inspired by little aspects of a song and creating and thinking of new things I can do with it. Also, seeing female musicians who are pushing the boundaries and doing so much for themselves is awesome to see. It motivates me so much. I love girl power.” Jamey has been involved with Girls Rock SB as a volunteer and a performer since 2013.
- Deirdre Lynds is a Santa Barbara native who has been playing in rock bands since the age of 15 after taking up the guitar at age 10. After completing her undergraduate degree in guitar and composition at UCSB, she relocated to San Francisco where she got her Master’s in composition from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. Despite some success in the classical world (her flute and guitar piece John Doe’s Running was published and won the National Flute Association’s award for Best New Work of the Year), Deirdre could not resist her need to rock. She co-formed the instrumental rock/fusion group Headshear with writing partner guitarist Gwynn Adams and performed around the Bay Area for 10 years. The group was signed to Seattle indie label Big Balloon Records and put out the self-titled CD Headshear in 2007. During this time she also played mandolin in several old-timey/Celtic groups, mainly playing for Contra dances all over California, and continues to play drums in a B-52’s tribute band, Private Idaho. Deirdre moved back south in 2012, where she has been working with Girls Rock SB since their very first summer.
- Sierra Reeves - Co-Summer Director loves writing music, playing guitar, bass, and piano. However, singing is her most favorite. As a young girl, she found much power in creating music, it helped her grow strong and sure of herself. Now, she is so excited to be passing along the magic to the girls at camp, so they too can grow strong.
- Tommie Voughn adapted her love of the stage to the love of the page. As lead singer and songwriter for the alternative rock band Wall of Tom, she released four albums and played countless number of shows for the masses. She created This Rock in My Heart and This Roll in My Soul, Book One and Two in a three part fictional series based loosely on her experiences in the LA music scene. After twelve years of living life in the fast lane of Los Angeles, Tommie escaped the pavement and headed for the sand. She now resides in sunny Santa Barbara, California with her guitarist/husband and their two rock ’n roll kids
- Briana Harley is currently getting her Masters of Composition at CSU Long Beach. She has been a professional musician and songwriter for the past eight years, and has been working with Girls Rock Camp for the past four years. She has worked with most Girls Rock Camps in Southern California, and is excited to be joining the Santa Barbara team for the second year in a row.
- Natasha Moss has been a part of Girls Rock for the past couple of years teaching guitar, as well as being a band coach. Outside of Girls Rock, Natasha currently lives and works in Santa Barbara. In her free time, she enjoys taking her guitar to the beach and basking in the Santa Barbara sunshine.
Jena Douglas has been a singer/songwriter for over 30 years. She has a BA from University California Santa Barbara in music. She wrote the how-to/self-help book called, Change The World-Write Your Song! fundamentals and beyond for the aspiring singer/songwriter book I. She teaches voice, songwriting, guitar, piano, bass, drums, performance and uses her many skills as a seasoned musician and parent to teach girls from 6 to 17 for a non-profit after school program called, Girls Rock SB. Jena Douglas also performs with a couple of bands, one that features original songs written by Jena Douglas called, Jmuse and the other is a Linda Ronstadt Tribute band called, Linda Nonstadt and The Stone Phoney.